Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent, Part-time (3 days per week)
- Based in Moorabbin
- PSY Grade 2
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
Alfred CYMHS is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
The Neurodevelopmental stream is a 0-25 year service incorporating, neuropsychiatry, developmental assessment and management service and Mental Health Intellectual Disability - youth (MHIDI-Y). This stream specialises in the overlap between psychiatry, neurology, medicine and disability.
What you’ll be doing
You will predominantly work with younger children and families and the multi-disciplinary team to contribute to the assessment, formulation and management when a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum disorder is in question.
What you’ve got
- Completion of postgraduate training in clinical psychology and full registration with AHPRA
- Masters or Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology
- Completion of the Developmental Psychiatry Course (desirable)
- Australian working rights
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Have/be willing to apply for a valid Victorian Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a background check
What’s in it for you
- Access to salary packaging, discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work-life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Eloise Hughes or Monica Korpershoek on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Wednesday 26 February 2020 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.