Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Full time – 80 hours per fortnight including monthly ADO
- HS8 Admin Officer
- Based at The Alfred
Redesigning Care is one of Alfred Health’s premier programs within the People and Culture department, with a high profile and deep credibility with our Executive and senior clinical leadership teams.
The other programs within People and Culture include the Centre for Health Innovation, Library Services, Human Resources and Staff Welfare, and Organisational Development. We promote individual development, system improvement and reform, and the development of a collaborative culture. With great teams, inspiring managers and a safe and dynamic organisational culture, our vision is for all staff to have a great experience at Alfred Health.
Leaders here are supported to be coaches and great listeners who welcome feedback, to enable a culture of continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Executive Director People & Culture, the Manager Redesigning Care calls for a dynamic leader playing a pivotal role across our organisational system, providing thought leadership in local, program and system level change, as well as partnering with Executives to support reform informed by data and driven by systems-level leadership.
The successful candidate will enjoy the opportunity to lead an established high functioning team of cross-discipline design consultants and project officers who have expertise in innovation, continuous improvement, simulation, health technology, patient safety, human factors and project management.
As the Manager of this service, you will experience continuous opportunities to scope and identify opportunities to improve service delivery, and collaborate in partnership with clinicians and leaders across the organisation to develop new models of care, implement systems improvements, and build learning support structures such as simulation and eLearning.
This role also acts as a key link with the Department of Health and Human Services Redesigning Hospital Care Program and across Alfred Health in the area of continuous improvement and innovation.
Skills & Capabilities
- Expertise in leading and managing people and fostering a successful project team;
- Expertise in managing and engaging diverse stakeholder groups to deliver complex projects or programs of change;
- Proficiency in application of improvement methodologies (such as lean/six sigma and continuous improvement), preferably in a healthcare setting;
- Competency and knowledge in systems thinking and applying tools and methodologies for innovation, creative problem solving and design thinking;
- Competency in capability building for improvement;
- High level consulting skills.
- A degree in a relevant healthcare profession, management, or change management field;
- Experience managing a high performing team;
- Experience managing large scale improvement and change projects and overseeing multiple programs of work simultaneously;
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders and collaborating with people across a variety of levels and roles.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
This role reports to Chris McLoughlin, Executive Director People & Culture. All enquiries to Emma Schmidt, EA People & Culture on (03) 9076 5159.
Applications close 11pm AEST, 31 December 2019.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.