Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Bariatric Surgery Registry Database Manager
Monash University / Alfred Health
- Fixed Term (12 months, with possibility of extension)
- Full Time (76 hours per fortnight)
- World class public health school
- Bringing business know-how and skills into academic/ research area
- Key health area of obesity working with leading clinicians, academics and industry
Obesity is one of the most important public health issues facing Australia in the 21st century. The core purpose of the Bariatric Surgery Registry (BSR) is to document longitudinally the outcomes of Bariatric surgery.
The BSR Database Manager works within the Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University and is based at Alfred Health, Melbourne. Employment will be with Alfred Health.
The BSR Database Manager oversees the BSR’s data acquisition and integrity by managing its staffing and database resources ensuring that the primary objective of delivering a quality and safety registry for bariatric surgery is met. The Manager also provides strategic and operational advice to the Head of School, Clinical Director, Programme Manager and the Steering Committee in relation to the full range of resource matters.
To succeed in this role, you will have appropriate qualifications and a proven track record in a similar role. For further details, please see the position descriptions below.
- The role is a full time position and is a 12 month fixed term role, with possibility of extension.
- Salary will be based on experience, ranging from $85,538 - $96,230 gross pa plus super.
- Benefits include salary packaging, discounted health insurance, and at The Alfred hospital, discounted onsite parking, onsite gym and child care centre.
Your application should include a one-page cover letter that describes your interest and experience, along with your CV. Further, applications are required to address the Key Selection Criteria listed in the position description.
Interviews will be held on Friday 17th January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Enquiries: to Brooke Backman firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday 3rd January 2020
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.