Melanoma and Skin Cancer Trials (MASC Trials)
- Fixed Term – 12 months contract
- Full Time
- Location: Alfred Health
MASC Trials is the bi-national cancer collaborative trials group (CCTG) in Australia and New Zealand focused on supporting investigator initiated clinical trials for patients diagnosed with melanoma and skin cancer. MASC Trials is a registered not for profit research organisation, affiliated with Monash University. The establishment of the MASC Trials Research Centre at Monash University is a new initiative that builds on the foundational successes achieved by MASC Trials (formerly known as the ANZ Melanoma Trials Group) achieved over the last two decades.
MASC Trials manages a diverse growing portfolio of research in the prevention, early detection and treatment of melanoma and skin cancer, including early to late phase clinical trials. This is a dynamic organisation which has global reach and a strong track-record of developing, managing and delivering research towards improving outcomes in patients affected by melanoma and skin cancer.
MASC Trials are seeking a passionate and dedicated Clinical Research Associate to assist with the development, coordination and management of new and ongoing investigator–initiated, multi-centre, nationally and internationally recruiting clinical trials in melanoma and skin cancer. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and contribute to improvement in the lives of those suffering from melanoma and skin cancer.
The Clinical Research Associate role involves central coordination and project management of trials recruiting at multiple sites, including training clinicians and research staff to perform study protocols according to established processes; monitoring and audit activities at participating hospitals; monitoring trial metrics; budgeting and financial management, grant applications and preparing status reports in line with the ethical and governance requirements supporting clinical trial conduct in Australia; and abroad. There may be opportunities to assist in the preparation of research output including publications and presentations as required.
This role will confidently communicate sensitive information and patient management issues to a range of clients and medical staff. The role will also work closely with a range of clinicians, researchers and clinical trials staff and will also support the MASC Trials’ membership as required.
This exceptional candidate will be highly organised, preferably with extensive experience within a tertiary setting and in a clinical trials environment. Experience working in an oncology setting will be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant professional experience (minimum 1 to 2 years), preferably in health sciences or related field; Additional training or qualifications in clinical trials, public health or related field.
- Demonstrated professional experience working in a commercial, academic, university, hospital or other clinical research environment coordinating clinical trials in line with the ICH Good Clinical Practice guidelines and the NHMRC National Statement.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and highly organised. Planning, analysis and communication skills together with the ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands.
Benefits of working with us:
- Contribute to high quality impactful research.
- Work in an exciting and dynamic field.
- Be a part of a supportive, dedicated growing team.
- Opportunities for self-improvement.
- Attractive remuneration package plus salary sacrificing options.
Applications close 11pm on 12th December 2019
Please include your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in working with MASC Trials. Please provide a minimum of two referees. Applicants must have full Australian work rights.
All enquiries to Narelle Williams on 0414 579 120.