Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Grade 2 Dietitian - Community Rehabilitation Program
- Based at Caulfield Hospital
- Position available as either 32 hours per week or split into two positions at 16 hours per week
- Commencing February 2020 for 12 months
Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides Home and Centre Based rehabilitation as well as Falls Clinic services.
The service's focus is on provision of goal-directed, community based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation.
The Community Rehabilitation multidisciplinary team comprises physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, a neuropsychologist, a clinical psychologist, allied health assistants, rehabilitation medicine doctors, community health nurses and social workers.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced dietitian to join our Community Rehabilitation team. The position involves providing nutritional assessment, education and support to clients and families in the community. Treatment programs can be conducted in the client’s home or in the community rehabilitation centre at Cauflield Hospital. The clinical caseload is varied and may include neurological, orthopaedic, cardiac, spinal, pulmonary and functional decline diagnoses.
- Minimum three years of clinical experience.
- Recent experience in rehabilitation or aged care.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork.
- Demonstrated participation in professional development relevant to the position.
- Recent experience in community based rehabilitation.
- Experience in a grade 2 Dietitian role (or higher) in a public health service.
You will be part of a team that has a primary focus in improving the health and well-being of patients. We provide the opportunities for professional development and supervision are provided.
Other benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Car parking
- Child Care
Enquiries: Bella Daley (Team Leader) on 9076 6231 or 0410 346 509; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27 January, 2020
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.