Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Grade 2 Occupational Therapist VF6-VF9
- 16 hours per week, 12 months contract available from February 2020
- Community Rehabilitation Program based at Caulfield Hospital
Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides Home and Centre Based rehabilitation as well as the Falls Clinic services.
The service's focus is on the provision of goal-directed, community-based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation.
The Community Rehabilitation multidisciplinary team comprises physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, a neuropsychologist, a clinical psychologist, allied health assistants, rehabilitation medicine doctors, community health nurses and social workers.
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic occupational therapist to join our Community Rehabilitation team.
You will provide occupational therapy services to ambulatory clients from a wide range of diagnostic groups, including neurological, orthopaedic, cardiac, spinal and functional decline diagnoses.
- Minimum three years’ clinical experience in Occupational Therapy
- Recent experience in rehabilitation or aged care
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to principles of continuous quality improvement
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork
- Demonstrated participation in professional development relevant to the position
We provide opportunities for professional development and supervision.
Other benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Child Care
Please direct further enquiries to: Bella Daley (Team Leader) on 9076 6231 or 0410 346 509
Applications close: 2nd February 2020
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.