Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- 0.8 – 1.0 eft
- 12 month contract
- Based at 553 St Kilda Road
- Be a part of the Monash and Alfred research program
The Australian Dementia Network (ADNeT) is an NHMRC funded initiative for dementia research and clinical practice improvement in Australia. The ADNeT Registry is a key pillar of this initiative and will establish a national clinical quality registry for people diagnosed with dementia and Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) in Australia to monitor and enhance the quality of care and patient outcomes.
The purpose of Ethics Officer – Research Assistant is to provide high-quality research services to facilitate the successful implementation of the ADNeT Registry across Australia.
The position requires a good understanding of the ethics and governance requirements for research with people with dementia and MCI. It also requires strong organisational skills and well developed oral and written communication skills to undertake ethics and governance activities and actively engage stakeholders.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. The appointee will have: a tertiary qualification in a relevant health field; or relevant skills and work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
2. Knowledge of, and experience with, human research ethics and governance processes
3. A demonstrated understanding of confidentiality, privacy and information handling principles
4. Demonstrated high-level organisational and time management skills
5. Demonstrate excellent record keeping skills and high levels of attention to details
6. Well-developed oral and written communication skills
7. Ability to work effectively within a team and independently under minimum supervision
8. Sound computer literacy and administrative skills
• Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
• Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
• Great work/life balance
Any queries please call Kasey Wallis on (03) 9903 0022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.