Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in Moorabbin
- RPN Grade 3, or OT/SW/SP/PSY Grade 2
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
Alfred Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioral, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
CYMHS offers a number of tertiary level services including the EIMOS team.
Early Intervention Mobile Outreach Service (EIMOS)
The EIMOS team consists of two programs delivering an integrated model of care.
1. Intensive Mobile Outreach Service (IMOS)
IMOS provides intensive outreach mental health case management and support to young people who display substantial and prolonged psychological disturbance, have complex needs that may include challenging, at risk, and suicidal behaviours and are difficult to engage, particularly in other programs of area mental health services.
2. CYMHS and Schools Early Action (CASEA)
The Alfred CASEA Program is a joint initiative of CYMHS, the Department of Health, Department of Early Education and Childhood Development (DEECD) and Catholic Education Office of Melbourne (CEOM). Designed as an early intervention program, the CASEA program is conducted in school settings with children identified as being at risk of developing serious behaviour problems including Conduct Disorder. The focus of the program is to upskill teachers in child and parenting group programs that they will deliver in partnership with CASEA staff.
What you’ll be doing
As our newest clinician, you will work in both the IMOS and CASEA program within the EIMOS team. Work across the two programs is flexible but is usually four days per week with IMOS and one day per week with CASEA.
In this role, you will provide outreach to children, young people, their families and stakeholders in a variety of outreach settings, including targeted schools within the CASEA program.
The position requires experience in the provision of clinical assessment, formulation and intervention. This includes family and group work as well as a commitment to high standards of client care and family support.
You will also participate in service development planning, implementation, and evaluation activities.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body
- Completion of the Developmental Psychiatry Course (desirable)
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Have/be willing to apply for a valid Victorian Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a background check
What's in it for you
- Opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team and to complete discipline-specific work
- Opportunities to participate in other program areas in CYMHS
- Regular clinical supervision
- Access to salary packaging, discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work-life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Miranda Muller on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday 24 November 2019 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.