Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part-time, Fixed-term to June 2021
- RPN Grade 4, OT/SW/Psy Grade 3
- 7 day a week rotating roster (flexible)
- Based in Bentleigh
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 9 day fortnight and additional allowances and annual leave allowances
- AM & PM shifts - work no later than 10pm
- Minimal office time as the majority of work is outreach (always in pairs)
- Be part of a dynamic, inclusive and supportive team with a strong focus on self care and wellness (staff yoga, mindfulness & team lunches!)
- Opportunity to further develop senior skills
- Be involved in changing perceptions and reducing stigma surrounding mental health issues!
Headspace Early Psychosis is one of the world’s most innovative and comprehensive youth early psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a senior clinician within the Mobile Assessment & Treatment Team (MATT), you will provide clinical leadership and serve as a role model to your team of clinicians. You will use your relevant clinical mental health experience to provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and interventions with young people and their families.
You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team providing outreach to young people and their families working across a 7 day a week rotating roster**. Staff will work in close collaboration with the wider Alfred CYMHS, the headspace services, and other community services to ensure co-ordinated transitions and integration of services across the system of care.
**NOTE** Shifts are Mon-Fri AM (8am-4.30pm) or PM (1.30pm-10pm) and Sat and Sun AM shift only (9.30am-6pm)
You are someone who wants to make a difference to help create a new type of service with young people and their families.
We’ll need you to have the following:
- Relevant professional registration or membership.
- Experience in working with psychosis/alcohol and other drug issues.
- Current Victorian Driver’s License.
- Current Working with Children Check & be willing to undergo a Background Check.
As a part of our team you will have access to:
- Portable long service leave from other public health services.
- Salary packaging and discounted health insurance and banking.
- Frequent professional development opportunities, including the opportunity to participate in the headspace Discovery College.
- Great work-life balance and located close to public transport, shops, and restaurants.
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Sophie Dight on ph: 0437 066 315.
Closing date: Sunday 1 March 2020 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.