Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Rotational Grade 2 (SX2-SX5) Clinical Pharmacist
- 2 x Full-Time, 12 month contract – 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Clinical pharmacy services are aligned with the Alfred Health clinical program structure. Clinical pharmacists are attached to medical units and work alongside medical, nursing and allied health teams to achieve the best medication outcomes for patients. Each team of clinical pharmacists is supported by a Senior Clinical Pharmacist with specialist expertise. This unit and team based structure underpins the excellence in patient care of our clinical pharmacy services.
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated pharmacists with experience in clinical pharmacy in a hospital setting to join our clinical pharmacy team. You will work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to achieve the best medication management outcomes for individual patients. You will contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through contributing to practice based research projects and service and practice improvement work. As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you will supervise and mentor local and international students as well as intern pharmacists.
Our permanent Gr 2 clinical pharmacists will now have an opportunity to apply to rotate through our world class Clinical Infomatics centre, lead by our CPIO Erica Tong.
To succeed as a Clinical Pharmacist at Alfred Health you need to demonstrate:
- Excellent clinical skills, knowledge, judgement and reasoning
- Experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services in a hospital
- A patient-centred approach to care
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Problem solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Commitment to developing as a clinician through post-graduate study
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Experience in clinical pharmacy in a hospital setting
- Relevant post-graduate qualification highly desirable
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advancing or Advanced (Level 1, 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
- Onsite gym
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
Applications close Sunday 11th November, 2019
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Theobald, Deputy Director of Pharmacy - Tel: +61 3 9076 2061
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.