Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent-Part Time
- 45.6 hours per fortnight
Alfred Health Allied Health Services comprises a number of allied health disciplines who provide patient centred care across all clinical programs that operate at Alfred Health. Allied health disciplines provide patient centred care that will aim to optimise physical, psychosocial, communication and cognitive functioning. Allied Health has a strong professional governance framework led by Director Allied Health, to ensure the allied health workforce supports clinical programs in delivering optimal patient services. This is achieved through the five pillars of: credentialing and scope of practice, robust education, research, workforce innovation, informatics and quality & safety practices.
The Clinical Informatics officer will support the Allied Health Clinical Informatics activity across Alfred Health led by the Deputy Director Allied Health. Combining the clinical knowledge from the Deputy Director Allied Health and other key stakeholders and informatics knowledge, the Clinical Informatics officer will use approved standards and best practice principles to provide innovative solutions to problems, create a scalable and maintainable system for the input, management and reporting of Allied Health data. The Informatics officer will prepare and coordinate the Allied Health Informatics Governance Group under the guidance of the Deputy Director Allied Health and develop and implement the annual Allied Health informatics work plan. The Clinical Informatics officer will support the education and training of Allied Health to ensure accurate and complete data completion and quality of entry.
Experience in organisational system and process design
· Demonstrated motivational skills with the ability to effect change and adoption
· Informatics and EMR experience within a Health service
· Highly developed oral and written communication skills, particularly in reporting, public presentation and consultation
· Proactive work style and ability to take initiative and responsibility
· Experience and understanding of health care systems and processes
· Ability to build strong networks and sound relationships with employees from all levels of an organisation
· Demonstrated risk management experience
· Tertiary qualification in a Health related field (i.e. Allied Health Professional, Health Information Management
· Clinical informatics and change management experience
· Experience in system design, Information Technology
· Completion of Health Informatics course
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close on 18th of October 2019 at 11pm
For any queries please get in touch with Dough McCaskie, Associate Director Allied Health on D.McCaskie@alfred.org.au or 0427 989 580
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.