Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed-term to September 2020 - Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in Moorabbin
- RPN Grade 3, or OT/SW/PSY Grade 2
- Generous salary packaging + 9.5% Super
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
Alfred Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health.
The Alfred CYMHS, CAMHS and Schools Early Action (CASEA) Program is a joint initiative of CYMHS, the Department of Health, Department of Early Education and Childhood Development (DEECD) and Catholic Education Office of Melbourne (CEOM). Designed as an early intervention program, the CASEA program is conducted in school settings with children identified as being at risk of developing serious behaviour problems including Conduct Disorder. The focus of the program is to upskill teachers in child and parenting group programs that they will deliver in partnership with CASEA staff.
The CASEA function is integrated into the CYMHS Early Intervention Mobile Outreach Service (EIMOS) team.
What you’ll be doing
As our new clinician, you will provide outreach to children, young people, their families and stakeholders in a variety of outreach settings, including targeted schools within the CASEA program.
You will train teachers in parenting techniques, and conduct groups in schools for parents and children alongside teachers as part of the CASEA program.
You will also provide clinical assessment, intervention, case management, outreach and therapy to children, and young people who are experiencing a range of mental health difficulties within a culture that emphasises family involvement.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
What's in it for you
- Discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work-life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Miranda Muller on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Wednesday 16th October 2019 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.