Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Communications & Marketing Specialist
- Permanent Full Time
- Position Classification - HS4
- Great benefits including monthly ADO and salary packaging
- Exciting opportunity to shape communications and marketing for the Alfred Foundation
The Alfred hospital is a Melbourne icon. For more than 140 years it has been providing leading health care services to the people of Victoria and beyond. The Alfred Foundation (TAF) creates and nurtures philanthropic partnerships between the community and The Alfred, generating funds which will lead to better health care.
The Communications & Marketing Specialist is a pivotal role in the Alfred Foundation's Fundraising and Communications team.
Under the guidance of the Head of Fundraising, Marketing & Communications this new position has responsibility for a number of areas, including donor communications, writing appeals, marketing collateral, brand and visual identity, undertaking communications and marketing for campaigns and managing digital marketing and communications for the Foundation.
This role will work closely with Alfred Health’s Public Affairs team, ensuring that all activities undertaken comply with Alfred Health’s overarching brand and key messaging.
The successful person will need to have a positive 'can do' attitude, be creative, be able to juggle multiple and competing projects and be exceptional at building relationships.
- Writing for a broad range of audiences and across different channels, preferably with experience writing in a fundraising environment
- Sourcing and developing content
- Ability to recognize a good story and how to utilize it across different channels and with different stakeholders
- Confidence in approaching and interviewing patients about their experiences with The Alfred
- Working across digital and social media channels with understanding of how to use these strategically and innovatively and measure their success
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to develop digital content such as videos
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines managing multiple tasks at once
- Experience working with and building effective relationships with a diverse cross-section of stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to display initiative, manage priorities, manage multiple issues and projects simultaneously, take responsibility for projects and show a proactive and positive attitude
- Experience working for a not-for-profit
- Understanding of the strategic planning process and exposure to the development of communications and marketing strategies
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a similar role
- Highly developed relationship management skills
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close (11pm 24th September 2019)
All enquiries to Katrina Wilkins on 9076 2121
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.