Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Clinician - Hope
- Part-time, 48 hours per fortnight
- Fixed Term – June 2021
- Classification code – RPN3
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Psychiatry is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St. Kilda Road Clinic, Waiora Clinic in Armadale, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda and the Child & Adolescent Service located in Moorabbin. Aged Psychiatry is located at Caulfield campus of Alfred Health.
The Alfred HOPE team works intensively with individuals who have made a suicide attempt or have presented with serious suicidal ideation.
The team aims to build resilience in individuals by providing them with intensive outreach support for 3 months and individualised therapeutic care post this event in their lives.
The Mental Health Clinician works with the senior clinical staff and the Psychosocial Support Workers to design and implement individualised care including safety planning to minimise the risk of further suicide attempts
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registration with the Nurses’ Board of Victoria through AHPRA and a postgraduate diploma in mental health nursing
Or, a degree in Occupational Therapy registered as an Occupational Therapist with AHPRA (preferably with a post-graduate diploma in mental health)
Or, an approved degree in Social Work with eligibility for membership of Australian Association of Social Workers (preferably with a post-graduate diploma in mental health)
- Minimum of 3 years of post-graduate experience in mental health.
- Relevant experience working in Emergency Psychiatry or in a community mental health team highly regarded
- A current Victorian Driver’s License is essential
- Computer literate
- Other relevant qualifications or currently studying, such as drug and alcohol or psychosocial or therapeutic interventions.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Kathryn Henderson on 03) 9076 2773 or Daniel Rylatt 0428 415 870
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.