Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Occupational Therapist Grade 2
- Part-Time/Fixed Term until 11/12/2019
Alfred Health - Occupational Therapy Services operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals, with clinical services aligned to Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets.
The Occupational Therapy Service is committed to the provision of high quality, evidence-based care, and strongly values professional development and clinical supervision. Clinical service provision is focused on inpatient acute, rehabilitation and aged care streams, and a diverse patient population including emergency, general medicine, surgical, orthopaedic, neurological, trauma, spinal, amputee and burns/plastics specialty units.
An exciting opportunity presents for a suitably qualified Occupational Therapist to join the team at Caulfield Hospital. In this role you will be working as part of the Aged Care team providing specialist therapy and intervention. You will demonstrate excellent communiciation skills, time management skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Consistently exceeds base performance requirements for the position and uses initiative to work smarter
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, professional appearance and manner
- Both responsive and proactive in meeting and anticipating customer needs and in providing high quality service
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and seek advice and assistance when required/appropriate
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Effective planning, problem solving, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Registered to Practice with AHPRA
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Experience in research and measuring outcomes of occupational therapy services
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- A current unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence
- Working With Children Check
- Member of Occupational Therapy Australia
- Minimum three years clinical experience and minimum two year involvement with student supervision
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Onsite gym
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Briony Foote or Lisa Mahon, Stream Leader on 9076 4910.
Applications must be submitted electronically to be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.