Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
The Monash Partners Comprehensive Cancer Consortium (MPCCC) is a partnership made up of Monash University and its affiliated health services, Monash Health, Peninsula Health, Alfred Health, Epworth, Cabrini, and Eastern Health, the Hudson Institute of Medical Research and the Victorian Government’s agency for cancer service improvement, the Southern Melbourne Integrated Cancer Service.
MPCCC aims to improve outcomes for people affected by cancer by integrating world-class clinical cancer care with internationally recognised research.
The MPCCC’s Precision Oncology platform provides a mechanism to integrate the considerable expertise amongst MPCCC partners in a manner that supports excellence and innovation in patient care.
Building on the outcomes of 2018-2019 “Establishing the MPCCC Precision Oncology Tumour Board”, year two of this program will focus on three core goals essential to building capacity for the application of Precision Oncology across MPCCC partners:
- Develop pathways for patient access to genetic profiling and treatment referral
- Facilitating workforce development and research culture
- Governance, reporting and planning
Working closely with the Precision Oncology Project Manager, the Sequencing Co-ordinator will be responsible for facilitating, co-ordinating and administering cancer genetic sequencing and profiling for the MPCCC’s Precision Oncology Program, to enable participating clinicians to apply precision medicine in a way that supports excellence and innovation in patient care, and to facilitate opportunities for research that arise as a consequence.
Travel (e.g. across Melbourne CBD, into regional areas and occasionally interstate) may be required. Meetings outside of usual business hours may also be required.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (eg. science, allied health, health service implementation)
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- Project management skills with a record of successfully coordinating and/or supporting foundational programs through to completion in accordance with agreed standards, timeframes and budgets
- Experience in a relevant area of cancer research or clinical oncology services
- Demonstrate well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.