Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Full time, 80 hours including an ADO
- Permanent ongoing
- Classification code – TH14
- Grade 4 Pharmacy Technician
- Alfred Health locations
- Staff benefits
The Pharmacy services operate across 4 Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are imperative members of all clinical and operational teams and have a critical role in patient management. Their understanding of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Medicine Management ensures Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible. The service has 3 key priorities:
- Medication Safety
- Cost effective use of medicines
- Delivery of specialist pharmacy expertise at critical points in the patient care pathway
Reporting to the Infrastructure Co-ordinator, you will provide support to Pharmacy Executive and the Pharmacy department. Having experience with the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and finance, you will be involved in management of ongoing supplies for particular Respiratory Outpatient prescriptions, medication utilisation evaluations, reporting, dispensing, PBS claim preparation and financial processing in accordance with Alfred Health procedures.
To succeed in this role, you will have pharmacy experience, proficient written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated administrative and organisational competency.
If you are motivated, enthusiastic and show initiative, committed to meeting deadlines, achieving milestones and have the ability to work well both individually and within a team, this job is for you.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have satisfactorily completed the Pharmacy Technician Certification IV course or equivalent qualifications
- Administrative qualification desirable
- Community pharmacy experience desirable
- Hospital pharmacy experience desirable
- Knowledge of PBS, S100, and Special Access Schemes advantageous
- Report writing experience desirable
- Database management experience desirable
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Child care
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Kate Marshall,
Pharmacy Infrastructure Co-ordinator on 9076 2061
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.