Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Stream Leader (OT) - Better at Home
- Ongoing Position
- Part Time
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three outstanding facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced, senior Occupational Therapist (Grade 3) to join our large and supportive subacute OT Service at Caulfield Hospital in an ongoing part time position in our new Better at Home rehabilitation service.
The OT Service at Caulfield Hospital is committed to the provision of high quality, evidence-based care, and strongly values professional development and clinical supervision. Clinical service provision within the Better at Home service is focused on supporting our patients' rehabilitation needs at home instead of at hospital.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the provision of high quality assessment and therapy services, as well as staff/student supervision and participation in various professional development, quality and research activities.
Skills and Qualifications
Key attributes of the successful applicant are as follows;
- AHPRA Registration.
- Postgraduate Masters qualification (or commencement of) in one of Occupational Therapy, Public Health or other relevant area.
- Significant clinical and leadership experience in an inpatient rehabilitation setting.
- Ability to develop sound working relationships with multiple stakeholder groups, and work effectively within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level teaching, training and supervision/mentoring to staff and students.
- Experience in continuous quality improvement and/or research initiatives.
We offer many staff benefits including
- salary packaging,
- on site car parking,
- discounted private health insurance,
- library facilities,
- located close to public transport and shops.
Please direct any enquiries to Jane Feutrill - Occupational Therapy Manager 0408 484 099
For further information on the role and key selection criteria, please view the attached position description:
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.