Alfred Health is a major provider of specialist services throughout the State of Victoria and one of the Australia’s leading public health care providers. The Health Service operates three outstanding facilities in Melbourne’s inner south-east: The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham. With a budget in excess of $1bn and around 8500 staff, Alfred Health is a national pacesetter, consistently linked to progressive developments in care. There is strong involvement with medical research and training through collaborative relationships – as a member of Monash Partners Academic Health Science Centre and also through the onsite Alfred Research Alliance (previously known as AMREP). With around 1000 beds across three main campuses, Alfred Health offers the most comprehensive range of adult specialist medical and surgical services in Victoria, including a number of State wide services. It treats in excess of 100,000 inpatients and around 110,000 emergency patients annually.
The Medical Services Division at Alfred Health, with a budget of $135M, consists of Pharmacy, Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Pathology, the Clinical Governance Unit, Legal Support Services, the Medical Workforce Unit and Medical Education.
The Director Medical Services will provide support and expertise to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) in all aspects of Medical Administration, with an emphasis on the Governance portfolio including safety & quality leadership and advice and the oversight of Legal Support Services. There is opportunity for flexibility in portfolios depending on the interest of successful candidate. The Director Medical Services will have a leadership role with the NSQH Standards, management of complaints and incidents, credentialing and scope of practice for medical staff and will work closely with the other Director Medical Services and Director Medical Workforce on medical staff training, education and workforce matters.
- Applicants must be legally qualified practitioners, registered or registrable with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators.
- Fellows should be a minimum of 3 years out and currently running a portfolio of scale with expertise in model of care design, credentialing and scope of practice and quality and safety framework design and implementation.
- He/she must have demonstrable relevant knowledge and experience in Medical Administration and outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of developments in clinical governance, accreditation, clinical education training & development, and the strategic and operational aspects of clinical services delivery is essential.
- Medical Administration on-call is 1 in 4.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Catherine Reidy, Principal at Derwent on 0435 285 344 or email email@example.com.
Application Close: Sunday, 27 October 2019
**Please DO NOT apply through the Alfred Health Careers
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.