Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed-term until July 2020 - secondment
- Part-time role (4 days per week) based in Bentleigh
- OT / SW Grade 2, RPN Grade 3
- Clinical experience within mental health
- Experience with Recovery-oriented service delivery
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to be a part of a passionate team pioneering mental health services!
- A meaningful job role with other like-minded team players!
- The opportunity to be involved in cultural change in mental health services!
headspace Early Psychosis
headspace Early Psychosis is one of the world’s most comprehensive youth early psychosis programmes being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this new initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
headspace Early Psychosis Recovery Programme
The headspace Early Psychosis Recovery Programme provides a range of services to young people, families, and professionals. Services are strengths-based and value-driven so that they support young people to achieve personally meaningful recovery goals, and enable cultural change within the organisation. The outcomes of these programmes for young people may include: developing a positive identity, understanding personal health, and mental health, developing self-management tools and engaging in valued social roles. The recovery programme includes some components whereby those with expertise by experience of mental illness/distress will work alongside those with expertise by profession to devise and deliver the programmes.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As the Recovery Groups Co-ordinator, you will lead the co-ordination of the group programme in collaboration with the Recovery Programme Senior Clinician, Recovery Programme Team Leader and other clinicians providing input into the programme.
Within this role, you will ensure timely production of the group timetables for each term and holiday programme, and co-ordinate promotion across the service and externally as required. You will also facilitate groups providing therapeutic group work expertise, and work in partnership with The Discovery College, which may include attending courses, working on co-production teams or facilitating courses as an expert by experience.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body
- Extensive clinical experience of working in mental health settings especially in educational, group, vocational or peer programmes and/or recovery orientated settings
- Knowledge of the latest developments in Recovery-oriented service delivery
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Access to salary packaging and discount health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work-life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Sarah Hewett on ph: 0408 716 991
Applications close Sunday 18 August 2019 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.