Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre (MAPrc), The Alfred Hospital and Monash University.
Research Medical Officer – Women’s Mental Health
- Cutting edge clinical research
- Supportive team environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
An exciting position is available to join a dynamic clinical women’s mental health research team at MAPrc, led by Professor Jayashri Kulkarni (AM) at MAPrc based at The Alfred Hospital. The MAPrc women’s mental health team are focussed on meeting the special needs of women with mental health conditions. Our goal is to enhance the current treatments available and develop new treatments and new approaches that will benefit women living with mental illness.
The position will be primarily responsible for providing medical input into the assessment of participants in clinical trials as well as the day to day conduct of current clinical trials under the supervision of the Professor Kulkarni.
Current medical board registration is required. Postgraduate training and/or clinical experience working with people with mental illness is desirable.
You will have:
- A medical degree with current registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal skills,
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to documentation guidelines,
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines,
- Prior mental health and/or clinical trials experience is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in clinical research and/or clinical trials is highly desirable
This role is a full-time but could be part-time by negotiation and is a 12-month contract position, with potential for contract extension
Enquiries: Anthony de Castella, 03 9076 6564, Anthony.email@example.com
Closing Date: 20 January 2020
Candidates are advised that applications are reviewed as they are received and the department and hospital may finalise an appointment prior to the closing if appropriate, therefore, please lodge your application as soon as possible.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.