Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Medical Laboratory Technician
· Full time – fixed term until January 2022
· Medical Laboratory Technician – Grade 1
· 80 hours per fortnight - including an ADO
· Excellent benefits
The Anatomical Pathology Unit of the Alfred Pathology Service is looking for a laboratory technician to join our laboratory team. We are seeking a full time technician available to work Monday-Friday. Rosters may include rotating day and afternoon shifts with the possibility of a weekend shift if need arises. This is a new position resulting from collaboration between Alfred Health and Northern Health and presents an exciting opportunity to be involved in the expansion of Anatomical Pathology Services in association with Northern Pathology Victoria. This is a fixed term contract position until January 2022.
As a suitably qualified and experienced medical laboratory technician you will rotate through various sections of the laboratory. You will be responsible for tasks such as specimen reception and accessioning, sample send outs, assisting at specimen cut-up, specimen processing, embedding, microtomy, cytology specimen preparation, record filing, reagent preparation, equipment maintenance and general clerical tasks. Previous experience in a histology or cytology laboratory is preferred.
· Diploma of Applied Science (Medical Laboratory), Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Laboratory Technology or Laboratory Operations, or equivalent
· Previous experience in a pathology laboratory is highly desirable.
· Previous experience in a histology or cytology laboratory environment is preferred
· Previous experience must be directly related to the position to be filled and provide particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties required.
· Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
· Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
· Great work/life balance
For further information about this opportunity, please review the position description or direct enquiries to: Mark Donovan, Principal Scientist Anatomical Pathology on 9076 2767 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 29/07/2019
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.