Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Research Assistant, Full time – Alfred Health Pharmacy
An exciting position has arisen within the growing research team that supports the Alfred Pharmacy Services of one of Australia’s most progressive, dynamic and award winning departments.
- Research Assistant
- Full-time , 2 year contract
- HS2 - HS3
Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
Research programs are embedded within each area of the pharmacy service, supporting the developing research skills of all pharmacy staff (including interns, residents, undergraduate and postgraduate students).
As a Research Assistant your tasks will include data collection, recruitment of study participants, database management, report writing and other research activities, as required. This position would ideally suit someone with nursing, pharmacy or laboratory and technical experience. Excellent team work, communication and data management skills are essential. A background in health sciences is desirable.
To succeed as a Research Assistant at Alfred Health you need to demonstrate:
- Relevant experience or graduate qualification which includes a research component (health science preferred)
- Experience in database management and research statistical packages
- Experience in the conduct and completion of research projects
- A proven ability to manage a range of research related-tasks, contribute to team meetings and have a commitment to self-development
- Excellent communication, team work and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and autonomously
For more details on the role please review the attached Position Description.
Applications close 7th September, 2019
Enquiries to: Susan Poole on 0418 589064
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.