- New Grad Occupation Therapist
- Navigations Service, Community Mental Health Program
- Full time, 80 hours including and ADO
- Fixed term – February 2020
- Classification code – OT Grade 1
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Mental and Addiction Health are the Area Mental Health Service responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St Kilda Road Clinic in St. Kilda, Waiora Clinic in Armadale, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda, the Child & Adolescent Service currently located in Moorabbin and Aged Psychiatry based at Caulfield Hospital.
Alfred Mental and Addiction Health Adult services comprise 3 Programs:
- Acute Program (Adult Psychiatric Inpatient Units)
- Emergency and Consultation Liaison Psychiatry (Triage, CATT, Emergency Dept. and CL)
- Community Psychiatry
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental and Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
This is a fixed term six-month Occupational Therapy Grade 1 position in our Transitions service within the Navigations Community Program Stream, adult community mental health.
The Navigations Service includes a number of different streams and is tasked with ensuring the timely intake of clients to the service and ensuring patient flow throughout Community Psychiatry.
The Transitions service has been developed to provide expert care for clients needing linkages with community primary care services. This service will assist clients to make the move to self-management with community-based support services and general practice. It will provide extra support to facilitate discharge when the client’s needs have significantly reduced.
This will include the provision of care coordination and support of clients that are in the process of graduating from the service. The team will also focus on developing strong links with the clients’ primary care providers to ensure a smooth transition from service
You will be supported in your learning and development through an Occupational therapy core competency framework, peer support, professional development and clinical supervision
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or equivalent from a recognised school of Occupational Therapy.
- Registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (via AHPRA)
- Eligibility for membership of O.T. Australia
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Paul Smart on 03) 9076 9888