Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term until June 2022
- Full-time role with ADO based in Elsternwick with some travel required between sites
- Chief Social Worker, Occupational Therapist Grade 3 or RPN 6
- Salary packaging available
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to lead an innovative youth mental health program that is making a real difference in the community!
- Scope to build community support and collaboration to achieve better mental health outcomes for young people and their families.
- Opportunity to be involved in changing perceptions and reducing stigma surrounding mental health issues!
headspace Elsternwick was the first headspace centre to open in Australia in 2007. Since then it has grown to be one of the busiest in the country. Through a combination of salaried and fee for service practitioners, a range of services are provided that includes general practice, counselling, family interventions, vocational and AOD intervention. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
What you’ll be doing
As the headspace Elsternwick Centre Manager, you will provide operational management of the service overall along with oversight of private practice arrangements and clinical services provided by Alfred employees.
You will also be a key role in stakeholder partnerships as the principal contact for initiating and developing collaborations undertaken through the headspace consortium and the wider service. This requires operating within the current service environment and also scanning for development opportunities to strengthen the reach of the service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and well organised person to lead The Alfred headspace Primary team.
You’ll have a Degree in health or related sciences as well as 5+ years relevant work experience and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body.
We'd also love it if you already have Postgraduate qualifications in management and/or health administration, and have a demonstrated capacity to effectively lead and manage a complex multi-disciplinary health service.
You'll also have to complete/provide a valid Victorian Working with Children Check, be willing to undergo a background check, and you'll require Australian working rights.
As a part of our team, you will have access to:
- portable long service leave from other public health services,
- discounted health insurance and banking,
- wellbeing initiatives,
- friendly supportive team in a cheerful environment, and
- very close to public transport and shops.
If this sounds like you, please click the ‘APPLY’ button, including your cover letter and resume.
If you would like to know more, please call Glenda Pedwell on (03) 8552 0555
Applications close by 11pm AEST Sunday 30th June 2019
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.