Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Patient Experience and Consumer Participation Administrative Assistant
- Pat-time, 60.8 hours per fortnight
- Permanent ongoing
- Classification code – HS2
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The PECPP strategically supports the organisational implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Patients Come First (PCF) Strategy. The PCF Strategy is our organisational ‘road map’ for agreed priorities of care and service supporting the best possible experience of care for all our patients, irrespective of their individually diverse preferences, values and expressed needs.
We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join The Patient Experience and Consumer Participation Program (PECPP).
This position reports to the lead for Patient Experience and Consumer Participation and has responsibility for supporting the PECP team with a range of activities across three hospital campuses and community based programs including the management of The Alfred and Caulfield Hospital Volunteer Program.
We are looking for a customer focused applicant with excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to perform a wide variety of tasks in a team and also individually. Responsibilities include being the initial point of contact for enquires related to the program, administrative support such as arranging meetings, minute taking and typing, supporting team members with consumer and volunteer activities encompassing maintenance of the data base, recruitment, orientation and rosters.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous administration experience in a health setting
- Experience and accuracy in all facets of Microsoft Office and proficiency in sourcing information through internet search engines
- Proven ability in a similar environment where highly developed organisational skills are required as well as proficiency in a wide range of administrative support skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population and act with discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential issues
- Experience in managing databases
- Experience with digital and e-communication activities
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- On-site child care centre
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Katrina Lewis, Lead for Patient Experience and Consumer Participation on 03) 9076 2409
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.