Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Part Time (0.9EFT) Permanent Leisure and Recreation Officer/Therapist:
Inpatient ABI Rehabilitation Centre
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is comprised of a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation service, a community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
The inpatient rehabilitation program has a focus on working towards person-centred goals in order to maximise participation, quality of life, and independence for people over the age of 18 years with an ABI.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled Recreation Officer to provide opportunities to maximise participation for patients within the inpatient rehabilitation service.
This position will be required to work across some evening and weekend shifts.
The Leisure and Recreation Officer/Therapist will have the ability to:
- Provide high level management of inpatients using recreation and leisure as a treatment modality within the ABI Unit
- Develop treatment plans that determine appropriate intervention strategies, client goals and performance measures
- Explore community leisure participation goals and opportunities with inpatients
- Facilitate outcomes through group and individual treatment interventions
- Demonstrated experience working within an interdisciplinary team to provide high quality rehabilitation within a patient-centred, goal-directed framework
Alfred Health’s ABI Service provides you with access to regular clinical supervision, opportunities for continued professional development and being part of a friendly and supportive team.
Jobshare would be considered.
Enquiries to Danielle Sansonetti, Senior Occupational Therapist (9076 7423) D.Sansonetti@alfred.org.au
Closing Date: Sunday 25th August, 2019
Applications to be submitted electronically via The Alfred Health website www.alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.