Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Ongoing Permanent Allied Health Assistant
- Grade 3, up to full time hours with accrued ADO.
- Will consider job share
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three outstanding facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham.
At Caulfield Hospital, clinical service provision is focused on inpatient rehabilitation and aged care streams, for diverse patient populations including aged care, orthopaedic, neurological, trauma, spinal, amputee and burns.
Further information about Alfred Health is available at www.alfredhealth.org.au
The Allied Health Assistant - Grade 3 (AHA) works closely with Occupational Therapy staff to provide a flexible and responsive service that meets each client’s identified therapeutic goals.
The position is primarily responsible for the implementation of individual and group interventions and/or therapy programs, as delegated by the treating Occupational Therapist. This includes the ability to identify potentially suitable therapeutic activities, and plans to progress client intervention within defined boundaries. The AHA will also be responsible for administrative and clinical support functions, which assist with patient management and contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Occupational Therapy Service.
You will be highly organised and motivated to work with the patient population and our occupational therapy team.
- Demonstrates a capacity to work flexibly across a broad range of therapeutic and program related activities.
- Implements individual/group therapies to patients, either independently or in teams, as directed by the treating Occupational Therapist.
- Identifies potentially suitable therapeutic activities and progresses patient intervention within defined boundaries, as directed by the treating Occupational Therapist.
- Provides set education sessions to patients and/or their family/carers upon the direction of the treating Occupational Therapist (ie. equipment safe use/care, energy conservation).
- Assists with maintaining aids/equipment items in safe working condition, and ensures prudent use of aids/equipment.
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted)
Supportive team with opportunities to work across Aged Care and Rehabilitation.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Previous applicants need not apply
All enquiries to Bryley Scher on 9076 6000 pager number 4621
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.