Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Full Time, Ongoing
Excellent IT opportunities available to join a world renowned, public health organisation, Alfred Health, in Melbourne.
Alfred Health is one of the world leaders in its field and is extremely dependent on its information systems to support its daily operations. The organisation is very keen to be innovative and progressive in its application of technology to support the various areas of its business and in particular the patient journey.
The infrastructure comprises approximately 5000 workstations, a WAN, connecting a number of hospitals, remote clinics, and multiple data centres with enterprise servers. The applications range from clinical, service delivery, administrative to commercial and business.
The ITS department is responsible for supporting this infrastructure and is looking for a Team Leader with strong technical and management skills who is eager to develop upon their current professional knowledge base to join the Service Delivery Team. The primary activities include the following
- Provide level 1 & 2 desktop support to all Alfred Health Staff
- Provide high quality and quick resolution of computer problems (via phone or onsite), while maintaining a high level of communication with customers and the Service Delivery Manager
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation
- Actively work on achieving Service Delivery Team’s KPI targets
- Reconfigure, update and upgrade equipment as required
- Ensure stakeholders are kept informed of progress on requests and problem resolution
- Check and action emailed Help Desk service requests
- Contact Service Delivery Manager when urgent request are logged or when complaints are received
- Manage HEAT calling logging system job queues
- Participate in the on-call roster and activity
Applicants must have hands on experience in supporting Windows 7/10, relational databases (e.g. MS Access 2010 (and above) or MS SQL 2008 (and above), with good understanding of Windows user profiles, installation and troubleshooting of PCs, Laptops and Printers. Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocol, Microsoft Outlook 2016/365 and Microsoft Office 2016/365 will be required. Experience with setting up and use of desktop accessories such as; iPhone/iPAD, Scanners and Wireless Networking would be preferred.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and strong customer focus who has experience in customer service areas and demonstrates a good team spirit who will enjoy working in an exciting and challenging environment. A relevant tertiary qualification and/or MCP qualification would be highly regarded.
Please contact Adam Barry, Manager – Service Delivery on 9076 3859
Closing date 22nd May 2019
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.