Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term until June 2020
- Part-time role (2 days per week) based in Elsternwick, with some travel required between sites
- Great Staff Benefits
- Make a difference and help create new types of services with young people and their families
Established in 2006, headspace offers a ‘one stop shop’ for young people aged 12 -25 and their families who may be experiencing mental health difficulties. It provides an opportunity for young people to receive help early and promotes a 'no wrong door' approach to supporting young people and their families through the provision of GPs, counsellors, Alcohol & other Drug workers and Vocational and Educational support.
headspace YEPP is a comprehensive Youth Early Psychosis Programs (YEPP) being delivered across both sites. Through this initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this position, you will be responsible for the processing of referrals to the Enhanced Mental Health Support in Schools (EMHSS) initiative. In addition, you will undertake tasks related to reception including; maintaining appointment systems, billing and medical records, other database management and application of Microsoft office tools.
This role will be integral to the overall functioning and delivery of mental health and well-being services to young people and their families and carers, and as such, requires a high performer who is consumer focused, motivated and enthusiastic.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist
- Experience working with young people and their families
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Access to salary packaging and novated leasing
- Discount health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Gabriele Jug or Kirsten Cleland on ph: 9076 7500
Applications close Monday 20th May 2019 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.