Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Advanced Physician Training in Geriatric Medicine at Alfred Health
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three facilities: The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals.
The Health of the Older Persons department provides an integrated and comprehensive service at all three sites of Alfred Health. Advanced trainees will have the opportunity to gain excellent clinical experience with rotations through the broad range of innovative geriatric services provided including:
- Geriatric evaluation and management and dementia and delirium specific wards
- Aged psychiatry
- Inpatient consultation service
- Services provided by Cabrini Health including: private aged care practice and palliative care at Cabrini Prahran
- General and specialty outpatient clinics including Continence, Falls and Memory Clinics
- In-reach services including Better at Home, and Mobile Assessment and Treatment Services (MATS)
- Community ACAS visits
Fulltime and VMO physicians in Geriatric Medicine provide extensive supervision to trainees, with a strong commitment to training and research. Alfred Health is affiliated with Monash University, and the South Eastern Training Alliance in the Victorian Geriatric Medicine Training Program.
In 2020, we are offering 10 accredited Geriatric Medicine Registrar training positions.
Alfred Health participates in the centralised match for Advanced Trainees in Geriatric Medicine in Victoria. All advanced training positions will be appointed through the centralised match.
For 2020, applicants will need to apply to both Alfred Health (see here) as well as to the RACP Advanced Trainee Matching Service.
Please visit the Victorian Geriatric Medicine Training Program website for further details (see here).
There are two categories of applicants and closing dates:
- Applicants already in the VGMTP Advanced Training program in Geriatric Medicine or prospective dual RACP Advanced trainees: 15 July 2019
- New applicants for Advanced Training in Geriatric Medicine (i.e. not previously an Advanced trainee with the RACP) and those Advanced Trainees that were not matched in first round: 23 August 2019
For further enquiries please contact: Dr Eva Kipen, email@example.com, phone 90766000.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.