Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified medical practitioners to join our Emergency Department from August 2020. Preferably, you will hold current AHPRA medical registration and have Australian working rights.
Alfred Health runs the premier training program in Emergency Medicine at The Alfred and Sandringham Hospitals. Trainees benefit immensely from the opportunity to rotate across both sites and gain experience in these diverse clinical and academic environments.
From previous trainee: "It has been an exhilarating and highly rewarding experience over the last 2 years at the Alfred. It's a high functioning academic department with great external rotations. Whatever your interest, be it trauma, ultrasound, research, retrieval medicine or education, you will find a FACEM at the Alfred to mentor you."
The Alfred Emergency & Trauma Centre is a dynamic department, which, in addition to a high acuity case mix, offers:
· 24 month accreditation by ACEM
· 5 hours protected teaching time each week
· Highly successful Primary and Fellowship Exam training programs held every Wednesday
· Extensive emergency medicine research program – support available for trainees (co-ordinated by Prof Peter Cameron and Prof Dev Mitra – Department of Epidemiology & Preventative Medicine, Monash University)
Sandringham Emergency Department is a busy urban district ED seeing approximately 43,000 presentations per year, offering trainees:
- 12 months accreditation by ACEM
- Paediatric presentations for Paediatric logbook
- 5 hours protected teaching time per week - trainees are rostered to attend - held at Alfred ED
Including a highly successful Primary and Fellowship exam program.
For further information regarding the Alfred Health medical training positions, please contact Dr Andrew Underhill (Deputy Director Emergency Services for Alfred Health) on (03) 9076 2782 or email A.Underhill@alfred.org.au.
Applications close 29 March 2020
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.