Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Administration Officer
- Part-time – 28.5 hours per fortnight
- Permanent ongoing
- Position Classification Code HS1
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Amazing benefits
Alfred Health Outpatients Program is responsible for the overall delivery of a number of non-admitted or ambulatory services across the organisation, including Specialist Consulting Clinics, The Alfred Transit Lounge, GP Liaison and Specialist Clinic referrals and enquiries. The largest component of these is the Specialist Consulting Clinics which provide scheduled medical, nursing and allied health services to non-admitted patients at all three campuses. Approximately 1000 patients are treated daily across Alfred Health Specialist Consulting Clinics within surgical, medical and other specialities.
This position reports to the Administration Supervisor or Team Leader of the relevant workgroup. As part of the administration team for the Outpatient Program, the administration officer will effectively and efficiently perform a range of administrative, reception and clerical tasks to support and assist the day to day function of the clinics and health service. The role is responsible for ensuring that the service provides best customer outcomes and meets both internal and external, including government, reporting requirements. The administration officer ensures that an approachable, responsive and professional service is provided to patients, carers and health professionals. Responsibilities may include reception, patient enquiries, clinic preparation, electronic appointment scheduling, referral management, telephone support and data entry.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel (foundational)
- Previous administration experience in a health setting
- Understanding and experience supporting MBS clinics in a similar setting
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy legislation
- Knowledge of Cerner Programs
- Typing accuracy and speed of at least 40wpm
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Understanding and experience of Medicare billing processes
- Demonstrated ability to plan workflow, prioritise and delegate in order to meet deadlines
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
For more detail on the role, please download the relevant position description. For further queries please Contact Simon Mathieson, Operations Manager on 03) 9076 0502
Applications close 29/04/2019 at 11pm
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.