- Job no: 20103
- Categories: Junior Medical, Registrar
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
We seek an enthusiastic and motivated medical practitioner for a full time 12 month position of Registrar in Sexual Health Medicine at the Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, the major public sexual health service in Victoria and internationally recognised STI research centre. See www.mshc.org.au for more information about the service.
The successful applicant would provide clinical care to clients attending the centre and gain valuable training in the diagnosis and management of HIV and sexually transmitted infections. In addition, the registrar would contribute actively to the centre's research and continuing professional development activities. The position is accredited as a training position for the Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine.
Qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated interest or experience in sexual health and/or HIV medicine
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Excellent communication skills with clients and ability to manage sensitive issues with clients from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively with the centre's medical and nursing teams
Enquiries to: Dr Marcus Chen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 9341 6260
Applications close 19 May 2019
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 30 Apr 2019, 6:38 AM