Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Grade 2 Social Worker - Community Rehabilitation Program
- Permanent part-time role
- 24 hours per week
- Available from May 2019
Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides Home and Centre Based rehabilitation as well as Falls Clinic services.
The service's focus is on the provision of goal-directed, community-based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation.
The Community Rehabilitation interdisciplinary team comprises physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, a neuropsychologist, allied health assistants, rehabilitation medicine doctors, community health nurses and social workers.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled Social Worker to join our interdisciplinary team.
The overall objective of the position is to provide high quality social work services to clients in their home, local community or the community rehabilitation centre.
The position aims to provide a flexible and responsive service that works to meet each client’s identified rehabilitation goals.
Treatment programs may be provided individually or as group sessions.
The clinical caseload is varied and may include neurological, orthopaedic, cardiac, spinal, pulmonary and functional decline diagnoses.
- Minimum three years’ clinical experience.
- Recent experience in the provision of social work services in aged care, rehabilitation or community services.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork.
- Strong theoretical knowledge base and experience in the areas of counselling, crisis management and care coordination.
- Demonstrated participation in professional development relevant to the position.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Child care services
Enquiries: Lana Umansky (Manager Community Rehabilitation Program) on 9076 6207
Application Closing Date: Thursday, 18th April 2019 at 11pm
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.