Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent Ongoing
- Part-time role (3 days per week) based in Moorabbin
- Speech Pathologist Grade 2
- Great Staff Benefits
- Make a difference and help create new types of services with young people and their families
Alfred Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is one component of Mental and Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive multi-disciplinary assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
Alfred CYMHS have an exciting position for a Speech Therapist to work in our speech therapy program clinically and professionally in collaboration with all CYMHS programs.
In this role, you will maintain a clinical assessment and treatment caseload within areas of responsibility including individual and group work, consultation to involved agencies and case coordination to clients with more complex needs.
You will support and actively ensure the engagement of clients, carers and families and professionals in assessment, treatment planning, review and discharge processes. In addition, you will also actively contribute to psychiatric assessment, formulation, diagnosis and management by providing specialist consultation and advice on the client’s communication profile and developmental levels, and the impact of this on presenting concerns and treatment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology and eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Sound knowledge of current Speech Pathology practices relevant to the position and its theoretical base
- Significant clinical paediatric experience with children and / or adolescents presenting with social, emotional, learning and behavioural problems
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Access to salary packaging and novated leasing
- Discount health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Dana Goldsmith on ph: 8552 0555
Applications close Thursday 18th April 2019 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.