Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term until June 2020
- Part-time role based in Bentleigh, with some travel required between sites
- Evaluation and Research Officer
- Great Staff Benefits
Established in 2006, headspace is making a difference in the lives of thousands of young Australians in the area of youth mental health, by:
- Giving young Australians and their families the opportunity to seek help early
- Making it easier for young people and their families to access information
- Creating awareness and educating young people and their families about how to get help
headspace YEPP is one of the world’s most comprehensive Youth Early Psychosis Programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this new initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
The Evaluation and Research Officer is responsible for facilitating and conducting research and evaluation activities that relate to exploring effectiveness and innovation in models of mental health care within child and youth mental health services.
To build involvement in research, in this role you will consult with and supervise clinical staff or students in designing, conducting, analysing and reporting on research projects and will assist in the translation of research findings and evidence into practice innovation. You will also contribute to grant and publication writing to grow the conduct of evaluation and research projects and disseminate research findings.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Doctoral qualification (e.g. PhD) or near completion
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Experience with grant writing and the preparation of ethics applications
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Access to salary packaging and novated leasing
- Discount health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in the headspace Discovery College
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Glenda Pedwell or Liza Hopkins on ph: 8552 0555
Applications close Sunday 12th May 2019 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.