Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term Full Time -12 month contract
- Starting April 2019
- 80 hours per fortnight
- Located on Level 4, 607 St Kilda Rd Melbourne 3004
This position will sit within Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre (MAPrc), which is an organizational unit within Monash University Central Clinical School, but which also has equal affiliation with The Alfred, one of the largest teaching hospitals in Melbourne. MAPrc conducts innovative research to both broaden the understanding of mental illness and develop innovative treatments for mental illness.
- Cutting edge clinical research
- Supportive team environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
MAPrc (Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre) are seeking a Research Assistant to join the Women's Mental Health division and work on clinical trials involving the use of novel medications for psychiatric illness including Schizophrenia, Borderline Personality Disorder and Depression.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to an exciting and topical area of research. The role will involve learning to work with patients with acute mental illness, familiarisation with neuroscience and development of sound understanding of clinical trial procedures and guidelines.
The Research Assistant will work primarily on trials investigating novel treatments of Schizophrenia, Borderline Personality Disorder and Depression during Menopause. Primary responsibilities will include participant recruitment, participant assessment and data management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in a relevant health science field, from a recognised university with subsequent relevant work experience in mental health, nursing or other allied health discipline OR an equivalent combination of experience and training;
- Demonstrated experience in subject recruitment with proven ability to establish rapport with patients
- Clinical Trials experience
- Sound knowledge of ICH-GCP guidelines
- Ability to establish rapport with patients, health practitioners and colleagues
This role is a full time, 12-month contract position, with potential for contract extension
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Great work/life balance
- Training Opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
Please direct any queries to Ms Emmy Gavrilidis on (03) 9076 6913
Applications close 21st may 2019 at 11pm
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.