Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Grade IV - Alfred Health
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated senior pharmacy technician to lead our Operational Pharmacy services:
- Senior Technician Grade IV - Inpatient and Discharge services
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Our Senior Pharmacy technicians are key members of our service as they are responsible for the coordination of safe, efficient supply and distribution of medication to patients and services across Alfred Health.
As a Senior Pharmacy Technician, you will:
- Lead a team to meet departmental goals and targets.
- Coordinate staffing resources to ensure smooth workflow across the provision of your service.
- You will be involved in training and orientation of staff members, Governance and compliance standards pertaining to your area.
- Creating and monitoring Key Performance Indicators.
- Service improvement and process redesign initiatives.
- Creating and auditing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through contributing to research projects and service & process improvement work as required
- Work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary teams and the operational services to achieve the best medication management outcomes for our patients.
As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you may also assist in demonstrating our services and our facilities to local and international visitors as well as other pharmacy staff.
To succeed in this role you must demonstrate:
- Certificate IV Hospital Services Pharmacy Technicians Course OR Equivalent recognised Pharmacy Technician qualification
- Minimum 3 years hospital pharmacy experience
- Excellent knowledge, judgment and reasoning
- Experience in hospital pharmacy
- Experience leading a team,
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office – particular in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise work and deliver to deadlines.
- Problem solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Ability to plan and implement project or improvement initiatives.
- Commitment to developing your knowledge through education and continued learning
Working at Alfred Health, benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
- Child Care
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Theobald, Deputy Director of Pharmacy at (03) 9076 2061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted electronically to be considered. Applications close at 11pm on Friday, May 24th 2019
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.