Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
The Alfred Foundation
The Alfred Foundation is the fundraising arm of Alfred Health, creating and nurturing philanthropic partnerships between the community and The Alfred, generating funds which will lead to better health care
- Fundraising Manager
- Permanent Full Time - 80 hours per fortnight including monthly ADO
- Position Classification Code HS5
- Exciting opportunity to grow fundraising
- Amazing benefits
The Alfred Foundation is the fundraising arm of Alfred Health, creating and nurturing philanthropic partnerships between the community and The Alfred, generating funds which will lead to better health care.
The Alfred Foundation is seeking an experienced fundraiser to manage the day-to-day responsibilities of mass market fundraising for The Alfred. The Foundation is currently undergoing an exciting period of development, including a broadening of the strategic approach to fundraising and this role forms part of this new approach.
The Fundraising Manager is a key role in the development and execution of fundraising initiatives, projects and campaigns. Specifically, the role is responsible for driving growth in revenue via a multi-channel approach from individual one-off cash donors (non-major gifts) and regular giving as well as overseeing the function of community fundraising and supporting fundraising at Alfred Health’s Caulfield and Sandringham campuses.
This role will undertake a range of duties which focus on growing the long-term sustainable income for Alfred Health and is responsible for the management of a Community Relations Coordintor (Community Fundraising), as well as indirect lines of the Events and Fundraising Officer (Caulfield) and Fundraising Officer (Sandringham).
This is a very hands-on role which will require the successful applicant to be heavily involved in the implementation of appeals and campaigns.
To be successful you will have extensive experience in implementing mass market fundraising programs targeting one-off cash donors and regular donors across diverse channels. Specifically you will have expereince in direct mail, telemarketing, face-to-face and digital fundraising.
Qualifications and experience required:
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a similar role
- A proven track record in fundraising specifically in the acquisition and retention of cash donors and regular giving with significant cross-channel experience
- A solid understanding of fundraising principles with a proven track record of contributing to growth in fundraising revenue
- Highly developed relationship management skills
- Experience managing staff
- Experience working in donor database systems including reporting
- Exceptional written and verbal skills including experience writing fundraising appeal letters
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines managing multiple tasks at once
- Experience working with and reporting on budgets
- Access to salary packaging and Novated Leasing
- Monthly ADO
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
Please contact Katrina Wilkins, Head of Fundraising, Marketing & Communications, The Alfred Foundation on 9076 2121 for more information.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.