Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Heart Centre
- 12 Month Maternity Leave Contract
- Full time, 80 hours per fortnight (Part time applicants consisdered)
- Grade 3
- Based at The Alfred
The Heart Centre is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Cardiac Technologist or multiple Cardiac Technologists who are keen to participate in an exciting team environment. One Full time or multiple Part Time positions considered.
The Heart Centre is a superbly equipped facility, which conducts both invasive and non-invasive procedures. The Heart Centre has three cardiac catheter labs and ten digital echo machines, including nine 3D machines.
The primary duties would be performing transthoracic echoes, on both inpatients and Outpatients and Stress echoes. Interest and ability to participate in Research projects will be available and encouraged to the successful applicant. The Alfred has an excellent training, support and education program, a diverse range of pathologies including cardiac transplantation, pulmonary hypertension and structural heart (MitraClip and TAVI) as well as a realistic workload (1hr echo slots), make for great opportunities to expand and improve as a sonographer.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications should include;
- Applied Science degree or equivalent, DMU or QUT completion, or equivalent and three years scanning experience post qualification
- The successful applicant must also be registered with ASAR.
- Participation in an on-call roster will be required.
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site child care centre
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Damien Needham (Chief Cardiac Technologist) on 03 9076 2066
Applications close on Tuesday, 21 May 2019 at 11pm
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.