Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Maternity Leave backfill
- Fixed term - November 2019
- Part-time role based in Bentleigh
- Community Development Worker Class 2A
- Great Staff Benefits
- Make a difference and help create new types of services with young people and their families
Established in 2006, headspace is making a difference in the lives of thousands of young Australians in the area of youth mental health, by:
- Giving young Australians and their families the opportunity to seek help early
- Making it easier for young people and their families to access information
- Creating awareness and educating young people and their families about how to get help
headspace YEPP is one of the world’s most comprehensive Youth Early Psychosis Programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this new initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
As the Youth Program Manager, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing the youth program within the headspace YEPP service. You will develop the framework for the involvement of Young People (YP) in headspace services in close collaboration with the senior management team. The program will establish processes for YP who are current or previous service users of the headspace YEPP service to take up opportunities to participate in services such as health promotion and community awareness; development of information materials and access to other sources of information for YP and families, supporting the development and delivery of clinical services through building youth participation/reference groups, volunteer programs, and peer work; contribute to development of YP and family informed research and evaluation; quality improvement; and workforce development. As part of the broader Functional Recovery Team, you will act autonomously to support young people to have the opportunity to impact upon clinical service provision within the headspace YEPP and to build the capacity of other community organisations to better support young people with mental health issues, particularly those with emerging psychosis.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Access to salary packaging and novated leasing
- Discount health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in the headspace Discovery College
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Winnie McCulloch on ph: 0439 078 551
Applications close Tuesday 26 February 2019 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.