Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part-time - 12 month contract
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psych Nurse Grade 3, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker Grade 2
- Great learning experience in an innovative environment
- Great Staff Benefits
Alfred CYMHS is one component of the Department of Psychiatry at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
CYMHS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred CYMHS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
The position requires experience in the provision of assessment and intervention, clinical and family work as well as a commitment to high standards of client care and family support. In this role, you will provide clinical assessment, intervention, case management, outreach and therapy to adolescents and young people who are experiencing a range of mental health difficulties within a culture that emphasises family involvement.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant professional registration or membership as a registered psychiatric nurse Grade 3, social worker or occupational therapist
- High level of interpersonal skills and skills in engagement of young people and their families
- Knowledge of principles and applications of the Mental Health Act (2014)
- Extensive skills and experience in assessment of adolescents and adults
- Competence in the provision of a full range of mental health services
- A Working with Children Check is required for all CYMHS positions.
- Post graduate qualifications (desirable)
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Access to salary packaging and novated leasing
- Discount health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Denise Fry on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Monday 18th February 2019 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.