Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Medical Billing Administrator
- Full time – 80 hours per fortnight, including and ADO
- Permanent ongoing position
- Position Classification Code HS1
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Amazing benefits
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates four outstanding facilities:
The Alfred is a major tertiary referral teaching hospital and provides a number of state-wide services.
Caulfield Hospital is a provider of a range of specialty services in the areas of community services, rehabilitation, aged care, residential care and aged mental health.
Sandringham Hospital has a strong focus on meeting the health needs of the local community.
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre involved with continuing support for health services across the community
The Medical Billing Administrator is a role responsible and accountable for the compliance with, accuracy and completeness of data relating to the various administrative registration, admission and discharge regulations, policies and procedures as set out by Alfred Health. This role reports directly to the Medical Billings Supervisor or to the Billing Team Leader. The scope of the role includes but is not limited to billing, exception and error correction across all areas of billing.
- No formal qualifications required but experience in a similar role with the health industry is desired
- Experience in engaging staff to achieve departmental and organisational goals
- Demonstrated high level customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of medical billing in a hospital environment
- Similar experience in a previous role highly advantageous
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
For more detail on the role, please download the relevant position description. For further Enquiries to Sophie Millaras on 9076 3008
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.