Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- 1 x Part-time fixed term position, four days per week February - June 30 2019
- Seeking internal and external applicants
- Play a key role in transforming the way Alfred Health delivers patient care, through a connected digital clinical information system
- The primary focus is delivering a broad suite of classroom computer based training, eLearning, training needs analysis, and learning design and development for Alfred Health's clinicians.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspiring and motivated Learning and Testing Facilitator to join a leading and highly regarded health service. You will be working in our dynamic team, supporting Alfred Health’s comprehensive digital clinical information system across the organisation. Following a large organisation-wide go-live for our clinical information system in October 2018, demand for our services is increasing and it's a great time to influence education methods for Alfred Health clinicians.
We are looking for a healthcare training professional who is passionate about improving clinical care through digital systems, engages with people to support them with workflow and technological changes and enjoys working in and with IT. Experience in electronic medical record clinical information system designing and facilitating both individual and computer classroom style learning programs, and familiar with conducting testing would be desirable. Examples of systems that we use frequently are Cerner application suite including PowerChart, Scheduling, FirstNet, Epic, SurgiNet) and iPM (Patient Administration).
In your role as Learning and Testing Facilitator, your primary purpose is to:
- deliver computer classroom-based training for Alfred Health clinicians including a train the trainer model
- design, develop, implement, facilitate and evaluate effective, innovative and exceptional quality learning and development programs
- test the TRAIN domain (in which all training occurs) to ensure functionality works as expected.
NOTE: Testing activity is less than 10% of the role and we are primarily looking for educational experience and skills rather than testing.
You will also possess an openness to receive and give feedback, a willingness to hone and adjust your approach to meet the needs of your widely varied audience, as well as possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills in managing multiple stakeholders across all health-related disciplines.
If you’re ready for a challenge and keen to support this Alfred Health wide transformation, then we would love to hear from you.
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite childcare
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
For more detail on the role please review the position description. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
For a private and confidential enquiry please contact Mark Firth on 9076 3970.
Closing date 25th February 2019
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.