Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Community Care Services (Better at Home and HARP Outreach pharmacist )
- Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Community Care Services
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Grade 3
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patients, their family and other health services to provide high level pharmaceutical care. Our departments' priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health is a dynamic and innovative service at the forefront of clinical practice.
The Better at Home program is an inpatient substitution service which treats patients in their own home. Patients have at least one daily visit from a team of health professionals (geriatrician, nurse, allied health, allied health assistant, pharmacist) to assist patients who are not acutely unwell to achieve their goals in their home environment.
The Centralised HARP (Hospital Admission Risk Program) service is part of HARP CDM (Chronic Disease Management) and HARP Respiratory programs which aim to reduce preventable hospital admissions by providing comprehensive and integrated community based care and support for people with complex and chronic needs.
The Senior Clinical Pharmacist Community Care Medicine is responsible for the delivery and development of clinical pharmacy services to the Alfred HARP and Better at Home services and is a clinical leadership position. Working closely with the Lead Clinical Pharmacist, the post will provide progressive advanced level patient-centred care across Rehabilitation Aged and Community Care Services.
This post has a key role in the mentoring of junior pharmacists rotating through the RACC service. This would also include undergraduate student placements, intern rotations, postgraduate student placements and a contribution to medical, nursing, allied health and pharmacy education.
Research is an essential part of pharmacy services at Alfred Health. The post holder would also be expected to contribute to the research and educational activities of the RACC teams as well as pursue their own research.
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant clinical post-graduate qualification such as Masters Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent or progression towards.
- Completion of a specialist qualification such as Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP) Credential or AACP/SHPA accreditation for Home Medication Reviews highly desirable.
- A portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable.
- Extensive experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services to older people with multiple chronic diseases is useful
- Experience in managing people with cognitive or physical impairments that affect activities of daily living is useful
- Experience working with older patients is highly desirable
- Extensive experience with a demonstrated understanding of contemporary practice in QUM and therapeutics.
- Extensive experience in the critical evaluation of medical literature and demonstrated ability to translate into clinical practice
- Superior administrative and organisational skills, and exhibit the ability to work and communicate effectively with pharmacy staff, medical, nursing and other health professionals.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
Working at Alfred Health, benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
- Child Care
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
Applications close Friday the 1st of February, 2019
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Theobald, Deputy Director of Pharmacy Officer - Tel: +61 3 9076 2061 or Email: email@example.com
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.