Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Sector Support and Development Worker
- Part Time – 48 hours per fortnight
- Fixed term – June 2019
- Position Classification Code Xu5
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Amazing benefits
Alfred Health Carer Services (AHCS) reports to the Director Community and Ambulatory services, which is a part of the Rehabilitation Aged and Community Care program. Carer Services supports carers, person being supported and care relationships in a client-centred, timely and responsive manner. The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) is part of a broader suite of services for older people and their carers provided within the Aged Services stream of the AHCS. It delivers entry-level support services to assist older people maintain their independence at home and in the community and support care relationship. Respite options available through CHSP are; In-Home, Centre Based and Cottage respite.
Carer Services is funded by State and Commonwealth Governments to deliver multiple programs to support all carers (including young carers) and frail older people living in the southern metropolitan region. Programs include phone and in person support services and peer support / education activities to carers of people who are aged, living with dementia, have a disability and/or mental illness.
The Sector Support and Development (SSD) Worker works with the CHSP management team to ensure program deliverables identified in the Commonwealth Home Support Program SSD Activity Work Plan are met. The role is designed to support, develop and build the capacity of AHCS CHSP services system
The SSD Worker is part of the CHSP team and reports to the Coordinator CHSP whilst working collaboratively with Carer Services aged programs and Quality, Information Services, Communications and Contracts (QICC) team. Using a project management framework and annual work plan, the SSD Worker works closely with internal stakeholders, subcontractors and other Alfred Health CHSP providers
- Tertiary qualifications in Health, Behavioural or Social Sciences, Project Management or Community Development
- Strong knowledge and experience working within the aged services sector and Commonwealth Home Support Program
- Experience working with people who are frail aged or living with dementia and their families
- Extensive experience in project management and / or community development
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
For more detail on the role, please download the relevant position description. For further queries please contact Putheavy Pan on 9212 3008
Application close Thursday, 7th February 2019 at 11pm
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.