Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WORKING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE AND FAMILIES.
Join our headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program (hYEPP) and work with the Mobile Assessment Treatment Team (MATT) as a Senior Clinician
- 7 days a week rotating roster
- Based in Bentleigh with travel between sites and frequent outreach
- Fixed term until 30th June 2019
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker or Psychologist Grade 3
- Great learning experience in an innovative environment
- Great Staff Benefits
Established in 2006, headspace is making a difference in the lives of thousands of young Australians in the area of youth mental health, by:
- Giving young Australians and their families the opportunity to seek help early
- Making it easier for young people and their families to access information
- Creating awareness and educating young people and their families about how to get help
hYEPP is one of the world’s most innovative and comprehensive youth early psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. The Alfred hYEPP delivers mental health services using Open Dialogue and Client Directed Outcome Informed approach that is truly recovery focussed.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced clinician in the MATT team. The successful candidate is someone who wants to make a difference to help create a new type of service with young people and their families.
In this role as a senior clinician, you will provide clinical leadership and serve as a role model to your team of clinicians. You will have relevant clinical mental health experience in providing assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and interventions with young people and their families. You will be experienced in working with psychosis/ alcohol and other drug issues. In this role, you will also participate in service innovation, development and evaluation activities.
You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team providing outreach to young people and their families working across a 7 day a week rotating roster. Staff will work in close collaboration with the wider Alfred CYMHS, the headspace services, and other community services to ensure coordinated transitions and integration of services across the system of care.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified psychiatric nurse (RPN4), social worker (SW3), occupational therapist (OT3) or psychologist (P3)
- Extensive experience working in clinical mental health settings
- High level of interpersonal skills and skills in the engagement of young people and their families
- Competence in the provision of a full range of mental health services
- Knowledge of principles and applications of the Mental Health Act (2014)
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Current Working with Children Check
- Relevant professional registration or membership
- Postgraduate qualifications (desired)
- Additional allowances and additional annual leave for working shift work
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Salary Packaging
- Discount health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in the headspace Discovery College
- Great work life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Miranda Muller on ph: 0418 687 811
Closing date: Tuesday, 18th December at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.