Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Contract (parental leave cover until February 2020)
- Part-time commencing 4 February 2019 (0.4EFT -2 days/week)
- Position Classification Code HS6
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Amazing benefits
Alfred Health People and Culture is responsible for the overall delivery of numerous HR related services to the organisation. People and Culture incorporates HR Operations, Organisational Development, Library Services and the Australian Centre for Health Innovation. The operational component of People and Culture includes Employee Relations, Recruitment, OH&S and HR Consultancy services. This group is responsible for providing day to day HR advice and services on a range of issues, including manpower planning, policy interpretation, legislative compliance in relation to industrial agreements, performance management advice, end-to-end attraction of talent and recruitment services, retention initiatives, OH&S leadership and support and general HR advice to employees and managers alike. We provide operational support from the three sites of Alfred Health – The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital.
Working closely with Alfred Health managers and staff on a wide range of operational employee relations matters
Join our HR team, to provide contemporary, innovative and accurate advice and support to managers and staff on a wide range of operational and strategic employee relations matters. We are committed to having the best people and teams to deliver excellence in patient care by being a great place of work and by developing the expertise and talents of our people to meet our constantly evolving skill requirements and patient needs.
Based at The Alfred in Melbourne, you will be involved in working with our leaders in designing, advising and implementing solutions for managers and staff on a wide range of issues including workplace change, performance improvement and the implementation and maintenance of employment conditions.
You will be collaborative, fair and customer orientated, with a desire to work closely with stakeholders. The successful person will always demonstrate integrity, fairness, sound judgment and excellent negotiation skills, as well as being able to build positive relationships. Your ER experience will have been in fast-changing and complex private and public organisations. Previous experience in health is preferable.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, experience in meeting with executives and other professionals, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated integrity and sensitivity with a proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organisational skills with a commitment to customer focus and problem-solving
- A commitment to the provision of effective and efficient human resources services to Alfred Health
- Self-direction and ability to work with minimal supervision
- A strong team member, contributing strongly to achieve department goals
- Experience in the Health Sector is highly desirable and advantageous
- Experience negotiating with unions/employees
- Experience in the Public Sector is advantageous
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in either Human Resources Management or Law are desirable
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
For more detail on the role, please download the relevant position description. For further queries please contact Louise Vecchi - 9076 2272
Internal applicants, please provide a covering letter addressing your suitability for this position in relation to essential key capabilities.
Applications close on 16th December 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.