Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Ongoing Part Time - 40hours / fortnight
- Grade 3B
- Across Alfred Health
- Excellent professional development opportunities
HARP Complex Care is a service within the range of Health Independence Programs (HIP), and in Alfred Health it sits within the Rehabilitation, Aged, and Community Care Program. HARP reports through the Community and Ambulatory Services (C&A) Directorate. The role of HARP as described by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is to “provide hospital substitution and diversion by supporting people in the community, in ambulatory settings, and in people’s homes.” Alfred Health’s HARP Complex Care Service is comprised of a multidisciplinary workforce working in an interdisciplinary model of care.
The HARP Mobile Assessment and Treatment Service is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our team, that is motivated to optimise the health experiences of frail elderly patients living in residential care or the community setting.
The incumbent will enjoy outreach work and will have a keen interest in aged care and caring for those with chronic diseases. The role requires that the successful applicant can demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team environment.
The successful applicant will work closely with team members, GP’s, residential care staff, Ambulance Victoria and other community services, and various specialties across Alfred Health to manage patients in the community thus preventing avoidable admissions to hospital.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing.
- Current professional registration with AHPRA.
- Clinical experience in General Medicine across the acute, sub-acute or community sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to work positively and flexibly with internal and external services.
- Demonstrated therapeutic interpersonal relationships, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Clinical experience in working with the frail elderly
- Clinical competence in catheter management, including changes for male/female IDC’s/SPC’s; IV Cannulation; Gastrostomy Tube management.
- Experience in clinical triage
For more detail on the role, please download the relevant position description. For further queries please contact Joe D’Agostino on 9076 2656
Job Closes: 20th December 2018
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.